Fire Guts Plateau State Polytechnic Female HostelBy cheatmaster 06:17 Mon, 28 Aug 2017 Comments
The fire, which started around 8.30 a.m., raged on till 11.44, throwing the entire school into confusion as students and staffers scurried to safety with some bold students making frantic but fruitless efforts to quench the inferno.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), however, reports that no life was lost in the fire that gutted everything in the hostel.
“Many students had left for lectures when the fire started; no one was around to remove anything from the burning hostel,” Yusuf Ade, a security man, told NAN.
NAN also reports that the fire service personnel arrived the scene around 11.20 when the hostel had been brought down.
Mr Dauda Gyemang, the Rector of the institution, who described the incident as “shocking”, attributed it to a gas explosion which occurred “at about 8.30 a.m.”
“We thank God that no life was lost in the inferno, but nothing was rescued,” he said.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article