GEOGRAPHY NECO 2014 ANSWERS AVAILABLE HEREBy naijabams.com 10:39 Sat, 07 Jun 2014 Comments
2a) Solar system: this can be describe as the sum and nine planet
2b) Earth is the only planet that support life
* it is the only planet contains gases
* it is the only planet that has outer 70% of its total body consisted of water bodies
(I) Ship volatility
(ii) Bed food experiment
(iii) Sunrise and sunset
(Iv) Circular horizon
(V) Lunar eclipse
* SHIP VOLATILITY: this is one the proof that shows the spherical of the earth when ship is a leaving, the abour the smoke mast will disappear last and when it approaches the port front view will first seen.
* LUNAR ECLIPSE: the shadow casted round the moon by the earth during lunar eclipse was spherical so if the body that has the shadow do not spherical in shape, the shadow would not spherical.
5a) Ecosystem: is the interaction and close relationship btw the component of an environment. It can also be relationship btw organisms.
(I) ABIOTIC COMPONENT: is the non-living component of the ecosystem. It includes factors or element like soil, water, gases, sunlight etc
(5bii) BIOTIC COMPONENT: is the living component of the ecosystem, it includes plant and animals. However the biotic component can be group into 3 classes
*(I) Autotrophs: this are called producer, they are green plant which can manufactured their own food from simple inorganic substance through the process of photosynthensis
*(ii) Heterotrophs: they are primary and secondary consumers, they are organisms which cannot manufactured their own food but depend directly/indirectly on plant for their own food e.g man, parasites
*(iii) Decomposer: they are micro organism that decompose dead organic matter in order to release nutrient required by producers to prepared their food. E.g bacteria
INTERDEPENDENCE WITHIN ABIOTIC COMPONENT
* Rocks weather to form soil
* Rocks also changes to minerals like coal, petroleum and others soil nutrient
* Water from seas and ocean evaporate to form cloud and rain
* Soil formation is influenced by climatic factors like rainfall
* Rainfall and temperature are required for chemical weathering of parent rocks
* The drainage rivers, seas/ocean rides water.
INTERDEPENDENCE WITHIN BIOTIC COMPONENT
* Animal depend on plants for their own food
* The decomposition of dead animals provided manure for plants
* The activities of macro-organism in the soil also provided growth for plant
* Animal during respiration provide carbon dioxide for plant to carry out photosynthesis
* plant also provide oxygen for animals during photosynthesis which they are for respiration
* primary consumer(herbivores) in turn are fed upon by secondary consumers(carnivores)
INTERDEPENDENCE BTW BIOTIC & ABIOTIC COMPONENT
* the water, carbon dioxide&Nitrogen oxides provide energy and nutrient for plant growth
* Autotrophs convert sunlight, energy, water and carbon dioxide during photosynthesis to produce food
* All human activities are mainly carried out on the soil
* Food produce from the use of sunlight, water and carbon dioxide and consumed by primary consumers
* Oxygen and carbondioxide are made constant through respirations and photosynthesis by living organism
7a) Climate: is the average atmosphere conditions of an area over a long period of time. It should be studied for 35 years to determined atmospheric condition of a place. The element of a weather condition are temperature , wind , rainfall.
* Relative humidity
- TEMPERATURE: Is the degree of hotness & coldness of a place at a particular of time. It is measured by insrument called themometer. It is measured in degree centigrade.
- RAINFALL: Is the amount of water or precipitation from the atmosphere. It is measured by rainguage. It forms part of materials used for measuring/ determine climatic condition of a place
- WIND: is the amount of air motion, it has agent of derivation and desert encroachment. It is measured in both in speed and directions, speed is measured by anemometer and wind direction is measured by wind vane
- RELATIVE HUMIDITY: is the amount of water vapour in the atmosphere. It is measured by instrument called hygrometer.
* Distance from the sea
* Prevailing winds
- ALTITUDE: the place near the earth surface, latitude are warmer than these, at higher altitude the higher you go the cooler and rainier it become
SEA: Land surface heart and cooler faster than sea surface the sea warms coastal regions in winted but cools in summer.
- LATITUDE: tropical latitude are generally hotter than temperature region because the sun¡¯s altitude is generally high in the tropics and lower in temperature regions
The study of weather and agriculture climate helps agriculture production
It ensures safety of life and properties because predictions of weather will ensure proper provision.
Enjoy drop your comment and dont forget to invite your friends here
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article