World’s Most Expensive Face Mask Gulps $4,000

By 07:05 Sun, 05 Jul 2020 Comments

An Indian businessman has paid about $4,000 for possibly the world’s most expensive face mask.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

It is a bespoke gold face mask to protect him from the coronavirus raging in the country.

However, the mask may not be as effective as the cheap ones in the market.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

The precious metal covering weighs 60 grams (two ounces) and took craftsmen eight days to make, said businessman Shankar Kurhade, from the western city of Pune.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

“It is a thin mask and has tiny pores that is helping me to breathe,” Shankar told AFP.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

“I am not sure if it will be effective to protect me from a coronavirus infection but I am taking other precautions,” he added.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

When going out, the 49-year-old said he likes to adorn himself with gold jewellery weighing a kilogramme, including a bracelet, necklace and rings on each finger of his right hand.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

Kurhade — whose company makes industrial sheds — said he got the idea for the gold face mask after seeing a media report about a man wearing one made from silver.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

“People are asking me for selfies,” he said.(Wapbaze_Copyright)

Advertisement pool

Advertisement

Related Article

Comment
Name

Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article