HTC Removes HDR Microphone From The One's Spec SheetBy cheatmaster 10:39 Fri, 16 Jul 2021 Comments
HTC has removed the HDR microphone from HTC One's specs sheet, promo pages and local official websites. This is a result of the legal battle between Nokia and the supplier - ST Microelectronics.
In case you've missed the news, HTC's flagship smartphone - the HTC One unwillingly got itself into distress becautilize of its HDR microphone. Nokia tried to issue a ban over the smartphone's sales in the Netherlands, but failed to do so (the preliminary ban was lifted just a day after the granted injunction).
Anyway, HTC is working on a microphone of its own and the HDR microphone branding is no longer to be seen anywhere in the smartphone marketing materials. Of course, existing smartphones are safe and HTC claims it will continue to integrate the STM HDR microphone until the available supplies of those in its warehouses last.
Here is the official HTC statement on the matter:
- Nokia has NOT obtained an injunction in the Netherlands, or anywhere else, against the HTC One.
- The Dutch proceedings were brought by Nokia solely against STM. HTC was not sued by Nokia in the Netherlands.
- The Dutch injunction prohibits STM from selling certain microphones to any company other than Nokia for a limited period.
- The judgment against STM states that HTC can continue to utilize microphones already purchased from STM in its products, becautilize they were purchased in good-faith. Nokia's attempt to obtain a recall of microphones already srecent to HTC failed.
- HTC will transition to improved microphone designs once its inventory of STM microphones is exhausted.
So, HTC One is out of the woods and it's up to Nokia and STM to resolve their issues.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article