The Nokia PR2.0 Amber Update Full Changelog AppearsBy cheatmaster 04:09 Sat, 17 Jul 2021 Comments
The PR2.0 codenamed Amber update for Nokia Lumia 920 and its WP8 siblings is in the rumorland for quite some time and is highly anticipated by all owners. In case you own a Lumia 920/820/720/620/520 you are probably curious what to expect with the upcoming update.
The Amber update contains the official Windows Phone 8 GDR2 update that is coming later this year to every WP8 smartphone. There are a number of features that will remain exclusive to the Lumia lineup, though.
As luck would have it the guys from nokiawindowsphone.pl managed to acquire their hands on the complete changelog of the PR2.0 Amber and shared it with the rest of us.
- Glance Screen: Clock Charging indicator / low battery Indicator for silent / vibra mode, night mode (change color for night time). OFF by default.
- Smart capturing camera capture the best moment: Accidental rego unwanted objects from the scene. Select the best shot and precise moment. Sequense hold a group of images with advanced face, smile and blink detection. The, best 'face for each person is automatically selected into a single, best' shot.
- Frequency Modulation (FM) Radio: Be ready to tune your favorite station - Frequency Modulation (FM) Radio is BACK! Store your favorite stations for the next time.
- Flip: Flip to silence the phone to turn it silence.
- Data Sense: Managing your data flow monitor and control data usage. Optimally compressing web traffic.
- Find your closest hotspot: Enriched web services (for operators).
- HERE branding Location & Commerce
- Here Maps v3.4: Your compass is a discovery What's New: Increased venue map coverage Favorites saved in HERE Maps now sync across all HERE experiences Personalized Live Tile options: Pin and Pin destination to start a place to start as favorite Pin Pin to start a place category to start
- Here Drive + v2.2: The open road made easy What's New: Sync favorite places with other apps HERE and here.com Customize your map to display relevant points of interest, dry as restaurants, gas stations, and more one-tap access to speed limit Alert options correct from the dashboard Personalized Live Tile options: Pin to Start a destination (one tap gives driving directions to That destination)
- Here Transit v3.5: Now arriving: the best way across town What's New: Access your favorites through your searches Display nearby stations directly on a map opens Transit Maps to display more route options Transit Maps opens to display the battles navigation options Personalized Live Tile: Pin a destination like Home, Work, or School to start (one tap shows public transit routes and times to acquire there from wherever you are)
And these are some of the features part of the Windows Phone 8 GDR2 update.
- Xbox Music facilitated selection, procurement and pinning music. Also for fans of music are provided to display more detailed metadata (eg information about the songs and albums), and made other improvements.
- You can listen to Frequency Modulation (FM) radio: Frequency Modulation (FM) radio directly in the heart of Music + Video. (This is not available in some phones).
- Data Sense: Sense With the service date have complete control over the amount of data sent over the phone. You can impose a limit corresponding to your subscription or simply haged track of which applications sdiscontinue much data. (Not all mobile operators offer the service offering Sense).
- Application: Skype applications to support Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) (Voice over Internet Protocol), for example, Lync and Skype now gained greater stability and efficiency of operations.
- Comfort: Internet Explorer web browsing will be greatly improved by better compliance with HyperText Markup Language (HTML) 5
- Other improvements includes many other improvements of Windows Phone.
The Amber update is available out of box on the Lumia 925 and Lumia 1020. We expect it to hit the other compatible smartphones in a month or two.
Source | Via
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article