Exynos-powered Samsung Galaxy S4 Gets Android 4.3By cheatmaster 10:05 Sat, 17 Jul 2021 Comments
Samsung launched the official Android 4.3 firmware update for Snapdragon 600-powered Galaxy S4 model just last week and today it's the Exynos 5 Octa units to acquire the same treatment.
The first countries to acquire the update are India and Indonesia, but we expect many more regions to follow shortly.
Here is the complete change log:
- OpenGL 3.0 Support
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- Samsung KNOX Implementation (KNOX bootloader and dedicated application)
- Samsung Wallet comes pre-loaded
- Improved Random-Access Memory (RAM) management
- Improved Display colour reproduction (Display looks much sharper than before)
- Improved TouchWiz Launcher (Much less launcher redraws and less lag)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- New Samsung Browser (Full classy screen by default, recent tab interface and more)
- New Reading Mode (Optimises display for reading, used by only a few specific applications)
- New Camera firmware
- Minor UI tweaks (Contacts app, Flashlight Widget, dialog boxes etc)
If you are impatient, you can always download the update and install it manually via Odin, but you will be voiding your warranty, so only do so if you know what you are doing.
According to previous information, Samsung will be releasing the Android 4.3 update on the Galaxy S III next month, while the Galaxy Note II will be getting it in December becautilize of the many S-Pen features that need to be ported.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article