Sony Announces Miniature Flagship Xperia Z1 CompactBy cheatmaster 02:22 Sun, 18 Jul 2021 Comments
Sony has just announced the Xperia Z1 Compact at CES 2014. Unlike most mini flagship variants, it features a specs sheet that doesn't compromise, and has almost identical specs to the Xperia Z1 flagship.
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact official photos
A closer see at the specs sheet, and you'll see Sony have managed to fit in the same CPU, camera, memory, and internal storage into a size that's truly compact:
- Dimensions: 127 x 64.9 x 9.5 mm, 137g
- Display: 4.3" Triluminous IPS display of 720p resolution, 341ppi
- Chipset: elegant Qualcomm Snapdragon 800; quad-core Krait 400 at 2.2GHz, Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB RAM
- OS: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (planned upgrade to 4.4 KitKat shortly after launch)
- Camera: 20.7 MP, Carl Zeiss optics, optical image stabilization, autofocus, Light Emitting Diode (LED) flash, 2MP front-facing
- Video camera: 1080p @ 30fps video capture with both cameras
- Storage: 16GB built-in, microSD card slot with support of up to 64GB
- Connectivity: NFC, A-GPS+GLONASS, WLocal Area Network (LAN) (2.4/5Ghz) a/b/g/n/ac, microUniversal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0 (MHL), BlueTooth 4.0 LE
- Battery: 2,300 mAh
- Misc: Frequency Modulation (FM) Radio, built-in accelerometer, multi-touch input, proximity sensor
- Colors: Black, White, Pink, Lime, Yellow
The only thing that didn't create the slit is the display resolution, which has been slit down to 720p, and the battery, which has been reduced to 2300 mAh - the same as on the previous Xperia Z flagship. Luckily those seem to balance out just fine and the Xperia Z1 compact promises pretty fine battery life.
The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is expected to hit markets next month. Its pricing wasn't specified, but Sony confirmed it will slide between the Sony Xperia Z1 flagship and its Xperia Z predecessor. For more, be sure to check out our extensive first see at the Xperia Z1 Compact.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article