BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 Update Goes Official, Available NowBy cheatmaster 08:23 Sun, 18 Jul 2021 Comments
BlackBerry has just announced the latest 10.2.1 update for its BlackBerry OS. It brings lots of recent features, and is compatible with all BlackBerry 10 smartphones. The rollout has already started so you can update your device correct now.
Here is the complete official change log:
- Customize Pinch Gesture to Filter BlackBerry Hub – BlackBerry Hub lets you access all your messages and notifications in one place. A recent feature lets you instantly filter the message list in the Hub. You can customize the Hub to show only Unread Messages, Flagged Messages, Draft Messages, Meeting Invites, Sent Messages or Level 1 Alerts. Once the filter criterion is set, you can simply activate it with a pinch gesture on the Hub’s message list.
- Simplified Phone Experience – The phone includes a recent incoming call classy screen that lets you swipe to the left to respond or swipe correct to ignore a call. New intuitive icons allow you to instantly silence the call, or sdiscontinue a Reply Now response through BBM, SMS or email that you can’t respond the phone correct away. You can choose from a list of standard automated responses or respond with a personalized note.
- SMS and Email Groups – You can now create SMS and email groups for more efficient broadcast communications.
- Actionable Lock Screen Notifications – You can now "Tap to open" a message that appears on the lock screen, letting you respond to an vital message much quicker or to check messages more discreetly.
- Picture Password for Quick Unlocking - You can quickly unlock your phone using a combination of a picture and a number (0-9) of your choice, which you place at a particular point on the image. When you try to unlock the phone, the picture will appear along with a grid of random numbers. To unlock, simply drag the grid so the number you selected overlays the particular point on the image.
- Customizable Quick Settings Menu - You can now customize what appears on the Settings menu, which includes features such as having the ability to quickly change the Brightness of the smartphone’s display, toggle various network connections, and access the built-in flashlight. The Settings menu also includes a toggle that lets you instantly switch between your Personal and Work perimeter.
- Offline Browser Reading Mode - You can now save the current web page you’re on for later viewing, even if you are offline or without an Internet connection.
- Preferred Contact Sync – You can now choose the sync source for your Contacts ensuring you always have the most up-to-date contact details. When adding a recent contact you can designate which sources you want the contact info to sync with, such as the corporate address book, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.
- Device and Battery Monitor - A recent and improved device monitor provides you with essential details on battery usage, the impact of installed apps on battery life and memory usage and storage, as well as Central Processing Units (CPU) stats.
- Frequency Modulation (FM) Radio – If you have a BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry Q10 or BlackBerry Q5 smartphone, the recent software update unlocks the built-in Frequency Modulation (FM) radio in those handsets. You can listen to local Frequency Modulation (FM) stations, which does not require any network connection.
- Automatic Software Updates - Operating System (OS) updates can be set to happen automatically over a Wi-Fi® connection to assist ensure you’re always benefiting from the latest and best possible customer experience.
- Enterprise Features - When combined with BES10 version 10.2, enterprise customers will gain additional security features and IT policies for when more granular controls are required, such as for regulated industries and for organizations that work with sensitive data. For more information about BES10, please visit bes10.com.
BlackBerry says the recent 10.2.1 update is now available for all compatible devices (Z10, Q10, Q5. Porsche Design P'9982) everywhere around the globe. Of course, the rollout is gradual, so it may hold some time before the update hits your device, especially if it is carrier-bound.
According to a leaked USA roadmap, Verizon's Z10 will acquire the update on January 28, Q10 - on February 4, the Z30 - on February 10. The same roadmap claims AT&T's Z10 and Q10 will receive the recent firmware on February 10, while T-Mobile's Z10 and Q10 will acquire the notification in mid-February. Sprint's Q10 will be the last one to join the fun - at the discontinue of February.
Source 1 | Source 2 | Via
Please LOGIN or REGISTER To Gain Full Access To This Article